Street Names for Steroids
Anabolic androgenic steroids, often simply called anabolic steroids are quite a unique topic and while they are considered “drugs” they more aptly fall into a class known as hormones. While controlled substances often viewed by some in the same light as recreational drugs one would assume there are street names for steroids and while there are some acronyms for particular products and little slang terminology street names for steroids versus street names for recreational drugs have very little in common. Even so we have provided you with the common names often associated with many various anabolic steroids; you’ll find many of these names are simply trade names from the most popular brands or often a partial name of the total hormone; however, before we begin there is one point of interest we must discuss and while ridiculous it is of a humorous nature.
Ridiculous Street Names for Steroids:
It’s no secret there exist a strong anti-steroidal population and as this “anti” feeling is often so emotionally based it can produce some laughable claims. If you’ve been around the performance enhancing game for any length of time you’re familiar with all the names and acronyms so this will probably make you laugh. Yes, there are a few street names for steroids such as juice or roids but those are some very generic terms and really don’t point to anything specific. We went to a handful of the anti-steroid websites so desperate to paint anabolic hormones in a bad light and they have made up their own street names for steroids that are quite humorous and they include “Pumpers, Gym Candy, Arnolds, Stackers, Balls and Bulls, A’s, Weight Trainers.” “Weight Trainers” are you serious, Arnolds? If that didn’t make you laugh a little then you don’t have a sense of humor but the sad truth is these websites are real and many of them are funded by your government.
Oral Street Names for Steroids:
There are many oral anabolic androgenic steroids and many are simply known by their most common trade name or an abbreviated version. We have listed the most common oral anabolic hormones, the most common name associated and any slang name that might be associated or street names for steroids if you so choose to call it that. The oral list includes:
- Oxandrolone – Anavar – sometimes called “Var”
- Oxymetholone – Anadrol – sometimes called “Drol”
- Methandrostenolone – Dianabol – often referred to as “Dbol”
- Methenolone – Primobolan – often called “Primo”
- Stanozolol – Winstrol – often called “Winny”
- Fluoxymesterone – Halotestin – often called “Halo”
Injectable Street Names for Steroids:
In the same light as oral anabolic steroids injectable anabolic steroids have an actual hormone name, often a common trade name and then a possible popular slang abbreviated term. The total names including street names for steroids of an injectable nature include:
- Nandrolone-Decanoate – Deca-Durabolin – often called “Deca”
- Boldenone-Undeclynate – Equipoise - often called “EQ”
- Drostanolone – Masteron – only referred to by trade name
- Nandrolone-Phenylpropionate – numerous common trade names – often called “NPP”
- Methenolone – Primobolan Depot – often called “Primo”
- Trenbolone – no common trade name – Often called “Tren”
- Testosterone – insert brand – often called “Test”
- Stanozolol - Winstrol Depot - often called “Winny”
The Bottom Line:
As you can easily see the street names for steroids are nothing like some try to imply and the only reason the made up street names for steroids exist is to associate them as closely with real drugs as humanly possible. I mean come on “Tren” is that a real stretch from Trenbolone is “Test” that hard to understand, or how about “Winny?” Of course not but hey they keep trying and the stupidity continues to go on and on but the real shame is that we let it.